Script 2 Screen
Script 2 Screen is a competition for OSIF members, where filmmaking teams submit a script and detailed application form to a panel of industry professional judges. The top 5 projects will then pitch their script to the judges, who will pick one project to receive the top prize (or multiple projects to split it).
This contest is designed so no matter if teams win the top prize or not, they should be prepared to shoot and complete their films to screen at OSIF events. Essentially seeing their projects go from Script to Screen!
The Prize Package Includes:
- $500 Cash
- Free production equipment rental for the film from Video.Equipment
- 1 Professional VFX shot courtesy of Gneiss Stuff VFX
- 2 On-Set Days of Professional Location Audio from AfterTouch Audio
- Script Critique and Recommendations by Erin Hazlehurst
- Casting Services provided by Angela Quinn Casting
- Professional Script Breakdown by AD Jesse Nelson
- Props Package provided by Donna Brayshaw
- $50 Gift Certificate & SPFX Makeup Package from Calowna Costumes
- Start-to-Finish Film Mentorship by the OSIF Board of Directors
- Free Entry Fee and 2 Tickets to either HorrorFest or the Okanagan Screen Awards
**Conditions Apply to the above prizes, please see below**
Angela Quinn Casting, Donna Brayshaw, Erin Hazlehurst, Jesse Nelson
• Applicants must be an OSIF Member. Upgrade your membership status at www.osif.org/membership
• Open to Okanagan residents only.
• The majority of shooting must take place in the Okanagan Valley region using a majority of Okanagan cast/crew.
• No limit on number of submissions per person, but you must be prepared to pitch all your scripts.
• We like to push the limits too, but if your script is deemed too offensive, it will not be considered.
• If your application doesn't fit the criteria mentioned in these notes, OSIF has the right to disqualify your submission.
• Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on Wednesday, July 13th, 2022
• Please fill out the submission form in full. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
• Scripts can be of any genre.
• Maximum script length is 10 pages... No exceptions! - (not including title page)
• Completed films should clock in at no longer than the 12 minutes as well.
• Scripts MUST be attached as a .pdf format.
• Scripts must be written in 'Proper Script Format'. If you are unsure how to write in Proper Script Format visit here or do your own research on Google.
• July 13, 2022 - Applications Due
• July 21, 2022 - Pitch Session - 7pm at Staples Studio
• July 22, 2022 - Script 2 Screen Winner(s) Announced
• October 7, 2022 - Winner(s) film completion deadline
• Applications will be judged by the OSIF Board of Directors and a panel of industry professionals.
• Considerations will be made into the feasibility of shooting the script, overall quality of the story, preparedness & professionalism of the applicants, & if the project matches the values and integrity of OSIF.
• All applications will be considered fairly and without bias.
• The OSIF BoD will narrow down all applications into the Top 5 finalists.
• The Top 5 must attend the Pitch Session, to sell and pitch their project idea to the OSIF BoD and industry professionals.
Tips for the Pitch Session
• You have 15 minutes max to pitch your film.
• Be as prepared to shoot as possible. Try to line up your cast, locations, crew, etc. beforehand. The more prepared you are to shoot, the better your chances. OSIF wants to know that you are ready and able to complete your project.
• Don't print out copies of your script, the judges have already read them.
• Do supply supporting materials if applicable. The pitch will be held in a screening room with access to a projector via HDMI, feel free to plug in your computer, or bring your storyboards, vision boards, or anything you feel might sell your vision.
• Be prepared to answer some tough questions about your film and the filmmaking process behind it... We never said this was going to be easy.
• Can't make it to the pitch session? This doesn't mean you are disqualified, but you're certainly not helping your chances. Please let us know well beforehand, to make other arrangements.
• Relax and have fun! Tell us your vision of the film. This is your chance to sell your film, engage the judges imagination and let them see the film in their minds.
• The OSIF BoD and S2S Judges may choose 1 winner or multiple winners, depending on the needs of each project.
• In certain cases, the prizes awarded will be split evenly or however the OSIF BoD sees fit among the winners.
• Full prize packages will be clarified to the S2S winner(s) before acceptance of the prize by the winner(s).
• Prizes awarded by 3rd party companies may have stipulations attached, such as hours of use, time limits, etc. These stipulations will be clarified to the winner(s) at a later date, before production begins.
• The chosen winner(s) of Script 2 Screen MUST credit OSIF twice in their credits, as following:
- Opening Credits: (In it’s own separate slate)
“In Association with the Okanagan Society of Independent Filmmaking”
- Closing Credits: (In it’s own separate slate)
“In association with the Okanagan Society of Independent Filmmaking – www.osif.org”.
• The chosen winner(s) must submit their final video to OSIF, via Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer or any other file transfer service, in HD or 4K quality as a .mov or .mp4 - H.264/H.265 or Apple ProRes 422.
• Although the Script 2 Screen winner(s) get their submission fee to OSIF screening events waived, winning the competition does not guarantee screen time at the OSIF screening event. Each film will go through the same judging process as other film submissions, and only the best and highest quality films will be chosen for the event.
• If the OSIF BoD and the S2S judges are not satisfied with the quality of applications, they reserve the right to award no winners for this round of competition.